Probably our favorite adult star right now, we recently discovered that Tia Ling is also an incredibly friendly and exceptionally sweet human being! Who says that high-profile people are not approachable? We're so glad to have her as an official Siren now!
1) Can you share with us a bit about your background and any info about your ethnic heritage?
I'm 100% Korean but was only in Korea until I was 1, at which time I was actually adopted by an American family on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio. Been here ever since really.
2) Is it true that you began your adult film career not that many years ago? What occupied you before that and what made you decide to switch jobs?
I started adult 6 years ago actually, but it's only been a couple of years since i've really been active in the fetish market. First 3 or 4 years were really all hardcore and gonzo whenever I could get out to LA. My first shoot with Kink is what really turned me on to the fetish stuff. Before adult, I actually danced for a club in Phoenix called Christy's for a couple years and then also when I came back to Cleveland. Before dancing I was in and out of school part time, part time jobs but nothing really steady. Didn't really know what I wanted to do career wise yet.
3) What can be a typical day in TiaLing-Land? How do you balance work for your sites, producing and shooting your material, promoting, etc.?
Honestly , probably a lot less exciting than most would think, lol, I have a pretty busy life with school (interior design), my family , and then shooting as much as I can and keeping up with social media/emails. I'm not really the party type of girl and spend a lot of time in the gym.
4) Was fetish a big part of your intimate life before you began performing before the camera? And… what about now?
Was not at all before camera, but sexual fantasies def were... but they were mostly gang bang fantasies and double penetration fantasies. That was my big interest before porn and actually tried it in my personal life before porn and during.
5) What can you tell us about your websites and what kind of goodies are there to discover?
In tialingfetishworld.com all fetish, pretty wide range of fetish , though. You'll find gas mask scenes, bondage, spanking, feet, smothering, pee, mommy giantism and all kinds of stuff. tialing.com is a little of everything... hardcore, solo, and fetish sections with 4 asian content bonus sites from methodcash.com. Of course my diary and bio page, store, etc. is all there too.
6) We’ve seen you (only by doing our research of course! lol) in some very intense bondage clips… do you have to prepare mentally before any such shoot to be able to perform at your peak? And for shooting for kink.com, for example, do you have detailed info about what will be going on or do they prefer to “surprise” you?
Kink is great about letting you know what you will be doing. I've never had any surprises and prefer it that way, only because I want to make sure I'm ok with everything that I'm going to be doing. I did one fetish scene, which i won't mention, where they didn't really disclose everything and I ended up doing a lot of stuff I would never have agreed to. As far as prep, not much really... just always try to have fun with it and get into the scene. I've enjoyed just about everything I've done .... I love the pleasure mixed with some pain... big rush! lol
7) In the same line of thought… what was the most challenging shoot for you to date? And what can be your limits regarding things that you won’t agree to do (there are, aren’t there)?
Definitely Training of O , very intense for a week. Public Disgrace was very intense too. As far as what I won't do, as long as I know about it up front, lol, is being peed on or anything really gross like that. Just not my thing. It actually happened once in a scene but I was not told that I would be. Long story. I 've done scenes where I can't hold it, and I pee, lol, that's fine. I'm not big on the electricity fetish, but i'll do it... just not my favorite.
8) Do you travel a lot to adult conventions or fetish events? What’s your degree of comfort when meeting fans in person?
I love meeting my fans, anyone who's met I think would say I'm very open with them. I've actually done scenes with fans for my website. I usually only goto to AVns in Vegas every January. Sometimes I'll throw another in... went to Exotica in LA once, did Exxxctacy in Chicago last year. Haven't really been to any specific fetish shows yet, though... will have to change that.
9) Who can be your All Time Best Female Friend in the industry? And why this particular person?
Wow... that's kind of tough, mostly because I haven't had many real close friends in the industry because of where I live, etc. I have made a lot of good friends and we pick up like we never missed a beat when I see them... most of them are a little older as I am. Since i've been in the industry, Niya Yu, Kitty Langdon, Max Mikita, India Summer have all been some girls that i've been close to... some are retired in that group. I've become pretty good friends with a lot of the girls in Ultimate Surrender, too. I don't have a lot in common with the younger girls (18), just diff stages of life I guess, but I did hit it off with Heather Starlet and a few others that I've met younger than me.
10) We see you pop up in many social network sites and you always seem a friendly and cheery gal. Do you estimate that it’s very important to show a positive image to your fan base, even for this business?
Definetely... but in general I'm just me. I m generally a pretty happy person, lol, maybe that shows thru in my social media... but I 've really loved the social media sites and forums. They've really allowed me to connect with a lot of fans that aren't necessarily members of my site.
11) How do you see yourself in let’s say five years from now? Still in the business in other kind of capacity? Or just continue having fun performing?
Five years from now probably into a career of interior design, maybe in the nude... jk, haha, but I'll probably keep doing my websites as long as I can and as long as there's interest. As far as shooting in LA/San Fran probably until i'm done with school. After that, not sure how much traveling I'll do but we'll see.
12) Do you think that bondage photos/videos work has become a bit stale, with all these multiple stores that can be created by amateurs in seconds? Or is this actually a good thing for the industry for as much diversity as possible?
I think it's good to a point. I don't really think it's become stale yet... nothing compared to gonzo or regular porn which has become so easy to access for free. Fetish is starting to get there, as well. Amateur stuff has become very popular these days, seems to be something that fans want to see... hence the cell phone pic sites, etc.
13) In your opinion, is there still much to do to seriously promote fetish stars coming from as many diverse ethnic backgrounds as possible? (we’re doing our best here, believe us!). So have you ever felt as an Asian that you were slighted in any way professionally or too often offered the same kind of projects/roles?
Well you do always get the asian niche film roles a lot, but being asian has really been an advantage in my eyes. A lot of producers love shooting asian girls and there seems to be a pretty big fan base for it in both gonzo/hardcore, as well as fetish.
14) Now what can be your biggest fashion weakness… corsets? Towering platform shoes? or any other?
Hmmmmmm.... I've never really been very good at this... lol... I'd have to say corsets, mostly because everyone always wants to see me tummy :) No one likes me wearing corsets since they cover that area and I actually kind of like wearing them.
15) There’s a rumor that you’re getting chummy-chummy with one of our local Sirens, the fabulous Miss Tamiyah… any chance that we’ll see you in Montreal soon to work with the Cult Sirens crew? :D
LOL... yes that's very true... I met sexy Miss Tamiyah on Twitter and we've been chatting ever since by email. Good chance you may see me out in Montreal some time! Not sure when I'll be able to get out because of school, etc., but would love to see Montreal, have never been there!