Unique looking Sirenia Hallows is like a breath of fresh air in the alternative photo world! Let's discover her talents:
1) Can you share with us a bit about your background and any info about your ethnic heritage? (are we right in guessing that there's something exotic going on behind your eyes...?)
I'm mixed white/black Caribbean (Jamaican). But I don't really have traditionally black features, so this is often confused. I grew up in Bristol until the age of 16 when I moved to Finland for a year, I then returned to Bristol and have stayed here ever since. From a young age I loved the Performing Arts, attending drama school and dance classes. I also used to be a Cheerleader!
2) We were attracted by your name, of course LOL! Tell us how did you pick your modeling moniker?
I loved Greek Mythology as a child and subsequently chose a name inspired by The Odyssey. 'Siren' was the obvious choice for me, for many reasons. My star-sign is Aquarius which is linked to water, I have also been told by many that I am somewhat of a Femme Fatale! At first I considered a mis-spelling of 'Serenity' (changed to 'Sirenity'). But decided upon 'Sirenia', and it stuck!
3) What got you interested in modeling, particularly for alternative themes?
My style of dress is Alternative anyway and I feel there's more room for personal expression within the alternative genre. Initially, modeling never really interested me. My first shoot was to help a friend extend his portfolio and I got hooked straight away!
4) Is there a thin line between your modeling personality and your own private life? In other words, do you wear baggy sweatpants in your free time?
LOL In the majority of my modeling photos, I dress as I would on a night out! Day to day you will usually see me in New Rocks, a corset and tutu :)
5) Would you be intrigued to wear more standard fetish fabrics like latex, rubber, leather? Or how about doing some bondage shoots?
I love latex and am always looking for opportunities to model it! I am hoping to work with as many designers as possible in the future. As for bondage shoots, it all depends. Normally it isn't something that would particularly appeal to me, but you never know!!
6) Is there a big fetish/gothic/alternative community in Bristol, England? Do you go out to events sometimes?
Relatively :) I do attend goth events regularly, but you may also find me in a more mainstream type club. I often mix the two in the same night.
7) What is your degree of comfort working with other models? Do you like sharing the spotlight?
The majority of my work is done solo. I've worked with a model before (who is also a friend) and it was great! I will also be taking part in a group shoot in December which I'm looking forward to, I don't mind 'sharing the spotlight' at all!
8) We seem to detect a bit of Manga influence in your port... what inspires you visually as a model?
I always like there to be an element of fantasy in pictures. Character portrayal is also one of my favourite things to do, and Horror/Gore.
9) Consequently, is there a comic book heroine that you would like to portray for a photo assignment in the future?
I will be working on a project next year, portraying comic book heroines in latex. The characters I have chosen are as follows: Zatanna, Poison Ivy, Storm and Scarlet Witch :)
10) Will there be an official website, at some point?
Most definitely! I want to make it very personal to me and include blogs and poetry etc. I've written.
11) So what kind of dream projects do you have in the back of your mind? What do you consider you have to achieve as a model?
I'd love to design some of my own clothing for shoots. I also hope to do some Fetish Catwalk work in the future!
12) Would you ever be interested in coming to Canada and visiting us in Montreal to work with the Cult Sirens crew? :D