Introducing to you a statuesque Siren that proposes a stunning retro look that's delicious to discover!
1) When did you start modeling and what prompted you to choose that path? Did you begin in mainstream projects?
I've been modeling for about 5 years. I started when a friend asked me to be a hair model for her salon. It was so much fun and after that I was hooked. Seeing my photo in adds for the salon, as well as up on the walls was such a thrill, I wanted to do more. For the first 3 or 4 years of my career, I wasn't sure what path I wanted to take with it. I've never been a size 2, and had not yet discovered that that isn't necessarily the industry standard anymore. I never knew how many people would embrace a curvy girl like me!! This past year I've been very proactive about my modeling. I've met some amazing people and had some great opportunities.
2) What were (and still are) your biggest inspirations (be it individuals, art in general, etc.)?
I would say my biggest personal inspiration would be my grandmother. She's 95 now and still as gorgeous as ever! She used to model (specifically runway) for local designers when she was younger and I used to love looking at her old photos when I was young. Who am I kidding, I still do! I raid her closet whenever I'm over at her place. Best vintage in Vancouver!
3) OK right... so you're very tall (5'10")!!! Is it always an advantage for modeling work?
I LOVE being tall. Even in school when I towered over my classmates, I still loved it! However I think it's great that it's not such a standard in the modeling world anymore. I know many models who are tiny. I think the variety is wonderful. It would be so boring if all models looked the same.
4) What kind of impact would you desire to leave from your photo work? Is there a specific purpose or message behind it all... or are you just enjoying the fun of it?
Right now I'm loving the creative aspect. Thinking of an idea, and working with a team of photographers and MUA to bring it to life. I've never thought of myself as an artistic person, but I feel like with modeling I can be a part of something artistic and creative which I love. The thought of letting these creative ideas come to life and to have them captured to look back on and share whenever I want is such an amazing thing.
5) It seems impossible to not see you in a film someday... what could be, for you, the ideal part?
A silent film? I'm a horrible actress. I have no problem being in front of people, speaking to crowds, etc., but pretending to be something I'm not, I just can't do without it looking painfully forced and fake.
6) Would you be intrigued to wear more standard fetish fabrics like latex, rubber, leather? Or doing a vintage Damsel in Distress bondage shoot?
Funny you should ask me that! Since receiving this interview, I've either shot or planned to shoot the above mentioned concepts. I need some more latex in my wardrobe however. I love the way it makes me look and feel. I've shot a couple of times in the few pieces I have and would love to do more.
7) Since you're quite curvy, what are your views on the "thin, underfed and pale" model stereotypes still active on mainstream runways?
I think as long as girls/women are healthy and happy then they are beautiful. I'm naturally a curvy girl and love it that way. I could never be a size 2 unless I was starving myself or horribly sick. I would hate to lose my curves as it's one of the features I'm known for! However that being said, I've seen amazing gorgeous women who are slight and slender and healthy and they are amazing confident woment as well. There is so much competiton these days between curvy and skinny girls and I think it's so sad. All women are beautiful creatures and people need to realize and embrace their natural body size and shape.
8) How would you describe the alternative photo scene in Vancouver?
Vancouver is blessed with gorgeous women!!!!! I've been so fortunate to meet and become friends with some of the amazing models in Vancouver. All of them have their own special unique talents, looks and characteristics, which creates such a wide variety of photos. Vancouver is also blessed with spectacular photographers which makes it even more amazing for us models.
9) Hmmm you wish to pose with an octopus or even a snake... or to be covered in black oil... so you don't mind getting messy? What are your personal limits concerning photo work, really?
I don't pose nude. I don't have a problem being nude, nor is it an issue with self confidence, and I will do implied nudity no problem. I like to keep my personal and modeling life seperate, and don't want nude photos of me floating around. I admire girls who can do it. Maybe one day?
10) What can you tell us about your website? Do you have any further plans with it?
My website has been a great way to get my name and images out there. I was thinking recently of starting a blog attached to my website, to share ideas, stories, etc., and to have an open dialog with anyone who may be interested in collaborating.
11) When you're not wearing all those tight-fitting costumes, what do you prefer to do to relax? Do you sit on the couch wearing sweatpants?
lol. Haha. Sometimes? But not all the time! Vancouver is a great city for getting outside! I love riding my beach cruiser in the summer, heading out on the boat, or sitting on a patio in the sun!
12) Would you ever be interested in visiting us in Montreal to work with the Cult Sirens crew?