Miss Mya is busy as a Dominatrix in Los Angeles. Her website's galleries are a must... but don't forget to read her News section, consisting of her very interesting journal!
Mya also has new interesting stuff for you to discover... with such titles like Rubber Hypoxia, Sadistic Star, Pierced,Tied and Beaten, and Mya's Penthouse Pet, how can you go wrong?
1) Of course, we all want to know where does your passion for fetish comes from… and if you have any “role models” that were an inspiration.
Some of my earliest fascination with the D/s relationship were from the movies Spartacus and Cleopatra starring Kirk Douglas and Elizabeth Taylor, respectively. The ideals of passionately loyal (and disloyal) slaves piqued something deep inside me, and I wanted to be Cleopatra with her loyal-unto-death slave Apollodorus, who only told her his love for her before her death. The romance of power and desperation caught my imagination. Of course, the scenes of greased, muscled bodies being strung up to be whipped for the pleasure of slavemasters didn't hurt either.
2) Many dominatrixes are sometimes careful of their image and are reluctant to adopt certain poses for photographic purposes. Do you draw the line towards certain type of visual themes, as you don’t seem to mind being tied up yourself?
There is a difference between being a submissive, where you give over control, and a bottom, where you enjoy having things done to you the way you want it to be done. While many people are both things, I like having control over any situation whether or not I am on the bottom. I have no issues with pictures of me in heavy bondage situations because it is an interest I like to share with others. As a Dominant, I like experiencing the joys of being in bondage through my submissives, and having been in their predicaments, enjoy knowing exactly what is going on inside their minds. If men want to fantasize about me being submissive through my pictures, then I am glad that they are getting that out of my photos. However, those fantasies will always stay fantasies, and my only interest in seeing people in person is in Domination.
3) Are fetish events something that you like to take part of? If so, what constitutes for you a perfect such gathering?
I very much enjoy international fetish events. The best part is meeting all the other crazy kinksters from around the world and swapping ideas (and partners) about how best to turn up the kink and look fabulous doing it!
4) Do you have any future interest in wearing the photographer’s shoes yourself?
I have more than enough expensive hobbies to keep me occupied at the moment. While I have an interest in learning more about photography to improve my modeling, I don't think I will ever be a photog myself.
5) Have you ever felt that being Asian has been an advantage in the Fetish/BDSM scene? Any disadvantage?
I get the Asian fetishists going, I guess, but what it really comes down to is personality to be liked and known in any crowd, whether it be Fetish or not. I think being Asian has pigeonholed me in some aspects, but even Lady makes her own way and I feel no pressure to be one way or another because I'm Asian.
6) A question with only one possible word as an answer… OK here we go: rubber… or leather?
7) Triple-Whammy Question: Can you describe what is your own personal style as a Dominatrix? Do you sometimes surprise even yourself with your level of creativity? What is for you a perfect session?
I don't kick, scream, yell or engage in such theatrics either in real life or in my sessions. "Kill them with kindness" is my style, where every kindness has the consequence of killing you just a bit more. Like any artist or connoisseur, creativity comes in spurts of inspiration. If I have great energy exchange with an interesting submissive, then creativity grows and I am more inspired to make him or her submit in ever more interesting ways. It is all about the chemistry between two people to make the perfect session, something that just can't be described. Just as two people know at a moment's touch that they will be lovers, so it is with a Mistress and her perfect slave.
8) Would you be interested in any film work and what kind of project would be an ideal one for your tastes?
Films definitely convey more of a woman than photos, and some of my previous videos have lent an interesting perspective to my image. An ideal project would be creative, dangerous, difficult and ultimately groundbreaking. I absolutely love Bianca Beauchamp's videos for these aspects.
9) Is it flattering to discover that you have fans in Montreal… (or any other places outside the USA)?
Always! I am continually surprised to get email from people from all over the world, and my only regret is that I cannot be everywhere all at once. I actually lived in Montreal from 2001-2, and it is one of my favorite cities. Perhaps it's time I make a return visit...
Anyone else agrees that Miss Mya should come back to visit us soon?
>> LOUD APPLAUSE <<
Yes, that's what we thought also! =)
Photos in this set by:
Dan Armstrong, Bootlovers, Adam Chilson, Jason Clarke, Michael Helms & Kevin Janow