Whoa, this FetishCon thing is getting very exciting... another absolutely amazing and unique model got in touch with us and how could we pass up this opportunity? We just love her work and her imagination!
1) What can you tell us about your ethnic background, upbringing, etc.?
I am 100% 1st-generation Asian-American. I can speak Vietnamese and English fluently. I know some Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese. I was raised by very caring and conservative parents. I had a rather sheltered and repressed childhood. And then what happened? Good question.
2) Is there a turning point in your life when you realized that alternative photography was something you’ll be interested in?
The approval process on Model Mayhem convinced me to take modeling more seriously. I chose alternative photography for the same reason why grown-up adults fornicate in public. Exhibitionism is fun. Serious modeling is too serious.
3) What do you recall of your first ever professional modeling assignment? Was it already for an edgy theme?
Yes, my first modeling assignment was a commercial shoot for an "erotic dancing" company's website. I don't have many family-friendly photoshoots.
4) Do you consider having more tattoo and/or piercing work done? What would you like to express more, if so?
Probably not, I don't want to modify too much of my natural body. I like it as it is. I would like to express more of my ability to body paint.
5) Since you’re a petite model, do you judge that your size is an advantage in getting worthy assignments?
Yes, I was once approached specifically because the photographer was looking for models under 5 feet. I'm never approached by photographers looking for tall brunettes. Hm. Wonder why.
6) It’s interesting to see that you have very specific themes that you would like to explore, as seen on your Model Mayhem portfolio. Are you always inspired by this fascinating mix of art and science?
Photography is art. I am a student of physics. Why not combine the two? I'd like to offer something different since I look rather normal. I am inspired by optical illusions and "magic", things that appear to defy the laws of physics.
7) And through all that, you have done same fascinating bondage photos, as portrayed here. What is your relationship with the BDSM community? Do you play in your intimate life or is this all reserved only for photo work?
The BDSM community and I share a thoughtful greeting wave every now and then. Modeling is just a very small snapshot of my personal life. I don't use it to put on a "face" solely for money, I use it to reflect and express myself. Compared to most people, I am quite the kinkster!
8) Do you consider that Asian models are sometimes confronted by too stereotypical photo requests?
No, I find it fitting. Just as a short model shouldn't be approached with a request for runway, an Asian model shouldn't be approached to play the role of a blue-eyed blond. Modeling is an industry based on looks. It is what it is.
9) You are the first ever would-be Siren to actually call us and request some info before agreeing to participate as a guest. Are you always that thorough in your business dealings? :D
I assumed calling first was standard, even if it's for an impromptu next-day photoshoot. I like to know where I'm diving or else I'd end up cannonballing into a kiddie pool. Yikes.
10) As an university student and model, what are your future goals career-wise? Is there a “dream job” that attracts you more?
My dream job is to be an inventor, artist, writer, or musician. Guess what they all have in common.
11) Are there things in popular culture right now (books, films, events, etc.) that are getting your attention?
Doctor Who, the television series, is currently getting my attention. Next week, it will be something new.
12) Have you been lucky enough to travel for photo work? You know that we will welcome you any time in Montreal…!
The most I've traveled for a shoot is 2 hours. Canada is not that far away. If I ever happen to be near the area, I'll definitely look it up.